Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Life trudges on, and now it's August. It's currently Week 4 of the semester - in another 2-3 weeks I'll be sitting for my mid-sems, and I'm waaaay unprepared for it! Time flies too fast when you have plenty of things to do. Not that I'm as busy now as last semester. No more Cafe and Play for me. No more committee work, thank you. I'll just enjoy being free and available and stress-free. Sometimes, a break is needed to recharge and to relax, before plunging in to the next big challenge out there.

I'm already considering moving out of IH next year. I've been thinking about it for a few months already, but now I've made my decision. Goodbye IH, hello my new place. I took a look at the rental properties offered and their prices to check out the average rent I'll be paying. Boy, it sure is expensive for one person to live on her own! The cheapest option, of course, would be to rent a house, and cram as many people as possible into it (we're talking sqeezing two people to a room, and sticking someone in the garage). But I'd prefer a small place, with just another person. I enjoy my privacy too much to sacrifice it. Currently I'm in love with a beautiful apartment in Swanston St, just down from the uni. It's a tiny two-floor apartment (how awesome is that??!) and it's offered at a very very very reasonable rate. Now I just need to go find myself a housemate. E is out, as he's moving in with his friends. I'd love to have him, since he can cook. (Yes, I'm pathetic.) Hopefully he'll remember me from time to time - I have too little close friends now to lose them. Oh, and cross my fingers that the apartment will be still around until the end of the year.

One of my wishes came true. I finally got a soft-toy! Not that I didn't have any, but this is the first time someone actually gave me one. It's an Aspergillus oryzae (see Moyashimon the anime, and you'll know what I'm talking about). I pretty much freaked the kind giver out by tying a huge blue ribbon around the oryzae's head to change it into a her :D

This weekend would mark the beginning of Manifest (Melbourne's Anime festival) and a birthday party that I'm currently planning. Maybe there'll be updates later :) For now, toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment