Thursday, August 27, 2009

Manifest 2009

Thursday, and I'm in the middle of finishing my assignment for Business Finance. What a headache. Annuities and Capital Market Lines and lots and lots of formula. Not exactly my cup of tea, but hey, I'll manage.

Manifest was waaaay awesome. This was my first time attending! Instead of Melb Uni, like last year, they had it in the Melbourne Showgrounds this year. Had to wake up at 7am to prepare, and catch the tram to the Showgrounds. Tram 19 to the city, and then waited nearly half an hour for Tram 57 to Manifest. Unfortunately, the wait was rendered useless as when the tram came, it was filled to the brim with otakus! T_T Instead of cramming in, we took a Maxi cab with 3 other guys stranded at the tram stop like us. And they paid for our fare! Yatta! ^_^

Once there I went to register, get my pass, and then made my way to the Auction. Here, people who want to get rid of their anime-related stuff can have it auctioned off to other otakus. Some things of note: pimp juice, Ouran High magnets, tons of manga, figurines, as well as.... an inflatable Pocky. Evan bid and won a Toradora illustration book, a beautiful and high quality work *envy* while Emir won the Saber illustration book (at a high cost!) which put him into shock.

After that, the next event was the Anime Idol, where finalists sing to win the title of Idol. Not bad, the best singer was the Azumaria cosplayer from Chrono Chrusade, who sang the CC OP. The guys went wild over her, she having a good, somewhat childish voice, and a moe look, which all lolicons rave about. Halfway through they had a break, and invited the audience to come up and dance the Lucky Star OP. Of course, the guys all turned as one to me and went "GO", since I actually learned the dance steps, and in the end I caved in to peer pressure T_T.

The Activities Hall was really cool, with many traders selling anime-themed wares. Had a great time looking around, and got myself K-On! bookmarks, a simple Mokona keychain, and... a pair of cat's ears. Cute! Met up with Nat Tan later and went DDR with her too!

Overall, a great weekend, and if anyone is interested in photos, check out Facebook. Most were taken by Mani.
Nathan, Emir, Evan and Chee Yean, Mani as photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment