Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm writing this in a fit of boredom. Here I am, in Melbourne at 2.45am. I really should be doing my assignment, unfortunately, I do not have the necessary program needed to compile the data into statistics. I've just finished boiling some barley water and it tastes good - not bad for someone trying it out for the first time.

My December holiday in Malaysia was great thanks to my family and friends. Jia Yi, who managed to squeeze some time in her busy schedule to see me and who very sweetly put up with my complaining. She also brought me a gift from Bangkok! Thanks girl! Steph, who accompanied me shopping and took me out for New Years. It was the best New Year I have ever celebrated, thanks to her and Ross. It was also great meeting up with my cousin and having a girly chat. There are things that I can talk to her about that I find hard to tell other people, and talking to her makes me feel better and freer. From her accounts her boyfriend is a very sweet and devoted guy; I'm really happy for her. He sounds way better than mine, but I'm not complaining. E is sweet in his own way too =)

It now hits me why long distance relationships break up so easily. I miss him so much even though it's only been a month and a bit. Another two months to go before I can see him again. It's frustrating, but at the very least we can talk to each other everyday, and not wait weeks for snail mail.

Since I've moved out of residential college, I now have to cook for myself. It gets tiring after awhile, and since I have a habit of cooking enough at a time for 2-3 meals, I end up eating the same food a lot. It gets boring after awhile. I want to experiment and cook new stuff, but cooking for one is hard. Cooking anything that's more advanced than just simple will result in too much leftovers. And really, is it worth making something like dumplings if you just want 3-4 pieces? I think not. It would be easy to just buy it, IF I wasn't currently allergic to seafood and trying to abstain from eating red meat. It's chicken all the way, baby. I want to see how long I can avoid eating pork in Porkland.

I really should try fried rice next.

No comments:

Post a Comment